Concord School District Vision
Our vision is that all Concord students develop a passion for learning, experience excellence in their lives and believe that they have the ability to shape the future of their lives and communities.
Our Mission Statement (these are our "Sacred Seven")
Our students will be:
1. Active self-directed learners who inquire creatively about their world and develop a lifelong passion for learning
2. Informed decision makers who define issues, research alternatives, consider consequences, solve problems, and make choices that demonstrate intellectual integrity and rigorous evaluation
3. Effective communicators who write well, read widely, listen perceptively, speak clearly, and use language, numbers and symbols to convey and receive information.
4. Effective collaborators who assume various roles to accomplish group or community goals, using knowledge, compromise, cooperation and respect.
5. Creative producers who use invention, design and critical assessment
6. Life planners who use the skills and knowledge they have acquired to pursue personal and career goals that foster physical, emotional and mental well-being.
7. Community participants who understand and practice our democratic traditions and values, including honesty, fairness and respect for human dignity and who believe they have the capacity to impact their lives and communities.
Beliefs for Our School Community
The Concord school community expects to act on the following beliefs:
- All students can learn and demonstrate what they learn.
- Students learn in different ways and require different methods to learn.
- All students have valuable contributions to make in school and community.
- Our community values and supports quality education and expects educated citizens.
- Community involvement is important to increase the future success of our schools.
- Families will be active partners in the process of educating their children.
- All adult members of the school community will be committed to continuous personal and professional growth.
- All members of the school community will treat each other with respect.