Cancellation notices will be sent to all parents and staff via telephone, email, and text message using our notification system, SchoolMessenger
. SchoolMessenger puts you in control of your contact preferences - you may choose which types of notifications are sent to your choice of telephone number(s), email address(es), and text/SMS messaging number(s). It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. To control how SchoolMessenger contacts you, please follow the steps below.
Activating SchoolMessenger Contact Manager – Parent/Guardian Instructions:
Your PowerSchool Parent account will allow you to click over to SchoolMessenger Contact Manager without an additional sign-up or password. To sign up for PowerSchool Parent Portal, you will need a one-time access ID and password from your school's office (or CHS Commons).
For registration instructions, please see the PowerSchool Parent Portal Registration Guide or this video. IMPORTANT: PowerSchool Parent Portal allows you to select your own username and password - please do not use any spaces or special characters in your PowerSchool username.
Once you have registered for and have logged into PowerSchool Parent, click the SchoolMessenger icon in the left menu to launch SchoolMessenger's Contact Manager and edit your contact preferences.
In Contact Manager, you may select from the following categories for each of your telephone numbers, email addresses, and text messaging (SMS) numbers:
- Non-school Hours Emergency - school closings, delays, etc. for calls made outside the school day.
- School Hours Emergency - if there is an urgent situation during the school day
- Attendance - automated attendance calls (currently used at RMS/CHS only)
- Announcements - non-urgent announcements, such as the Superintendent's newsletter
- To Student Phone - this method is used by CHS to contact students via their mobile phone numbers
- Survey - used if sending out short phone surveys via SchoolMessenger
No school / late start / early release notices will also be announced on WMUR - Channel 9.
On late start days, school will start two hours later than normal and there will be no AM Preschool or Kindergarten classes.